At the Emerald Island Casino Every Day is Promotion Day. All of our promotions are fun and rewarding for our guests, but, on some days, the promotion are, well, just awesome!
On Sunday, July 30th at 8:15 p.m., three lucky winners will be drawn from tickets awarded beginning on July 1st to experience the incomparable Cher live and in concert!
Three Grand Prize Winners, and their guests, will join two of your favorite Emerald Island Casino hosts for an unforgettable evening. This very special night out will start with a delicious dinner at the Emerald Island Grille, luxury limousine service to (and from) the Monte Carlo and great seats for the 8 p.m. show!
It is fun and easy to win drawing tickets for this great promotion. All you need to do is:
- Earn 200 base points per day while playing with your Emerald Island Rewards card,
- Hit a jackpot of $250 or more,
- Be selected for the Bonus Round Wheel of Cash in July, or,
- Land on a ‘Cher Concert’ tab while playing your wheel spin redemptions. (Please see the Rewards Center for complete rules)
Everyone knows this dynamic performer but do you know these thirteen
facts about Cher?
- Cher was born Cherilyn Sarkisian in El Centro, California, on May 20, 1946.
- Cher began her career in folk rock as part of husband-wife duo Sonny & Cher after their first hit, “I Got You Babe”. They starred together in the “Sonny and Cher” Television show. Sonny died from injuries he suffered while hitting a tree while snow skiing.
- Cher’s first million-seller song, “Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)”.
- In the 1970’s, Sonny and Cher actually did not draw well from their younger audience because of their monogamous, anti-drug lifestyle during the period of the sexual revolution and the rise of the drug culture.
- Cher had numerous solo number one singles including “Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves”, “Half-Breed”, and “Dark Lady”.
- Cher starred in the movie “Moonstruck”, for which she won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 1988. She also won a Grammy Award, an Emmy Award, a special CFDA Fashion Award, three Golden Globe Awards, and a Cannes Film Festival Award.
- Cher was a pioneer in the use of auto-tone in 1998 with the song “Believe”. After the success of the song, the technique became known as the “Cher effect”.
- Cher has sold 100 million records worldwide, making her one of the best-selling music artists of all time and is the only artist to date to have a number-one single on a Billboard chart in each of the past six decades.
- Cher’s father was rarely home when she was an infant, ultimately divorcing her mother when Cher was ten months old. They married and divorced twice more. The family often struggle financially. At one point Cher was placed in an orphanage for several weeks.
- By age nine, she had developed an unusually low singing voice known as a contralto.
- Cher has dyslexia.
- Cher’s style choices established her as a fashion trendsetter in the 1960s, with her jet black long hair, bell-bottoms, bandanas, and American Indian inspired tunics. She remains fashion forward with her youthful looks and her many tattoos.
- Cher gives back to the community and her philanthropic endeavors include anti-poverty initiatives, veterans rights, and programs to aid children in vulnerable situations.
Cher is one of those amazing performers who just seems to get better and better as time goes by, just like the Emerald Island Casino – the Locals’ Favorite All Penny Casino Since 2003!